Genealogy Report    Close this window
Descendants of Nicholas Coffin
Generation No. 1
1. NICHOLAS1 COFFIN died 1613. He married JOAN -.
More About NICHOLAS COFFIN:
Residence: Butlers, Brixton, Devon
Children of NICHOLAS COFFIN and JOAN - are:
2. i. PETER2 COFFIN, d. 1628.
ii. TRISTRAM COFFIN.
iii. NICHOLAS COFFIN.
iv. JOHN COFFIN.
v. ANNE COFFIN.
Generation No. 2
2. PETER2 COFFIN (NICHOLAS1) died 1628. He married JOAN THEMBER. She died 1661.
More About PETER COFFIN:
Residence: Brixton, Devon
Children of PETER COFFIN and JOAN THEMBER are:
i. JOHN3 COFFIN.
ii. JOAN COFFIN.
iii. DEBORAH COFFIN.
iv. EUNICE COFFIN.
v. MARY COFFIN.
3. vi. TRISTRAM COFFIN, b. 1609, England; d. 2 October 1681.
Generation No. 3
3. TRISTRAM3 COFFIN (PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1609 in England, and died 2 October 1681. He married DIONIS STEVENS, daughter of ROBERT STEVENS.
Notes for TRISTRAM COFFIN:
Settled in USA and in 1659 purchased nearly the whole of the Island of Nantucket.
Children of TRISTRAM COFFIN and DIONIS STEVENS are:
i. PETER4 COFFIN, b. c. 1630.
ii. TRISTRAM COFFIN, b. 1632.
4. iii. JAMES COFFIN, b. 12 August 1640, England; d. 28 July 1720.
iv. JOHN COFFIN, b. c. 1641; d. 1642.
v. DEBORAH COFFIN, b. 1642; d. 1642.
vi. MARY COFFIN, b. 1645; d. 1717.
vii. JOHN COFFIN, b. 1647; d. 1711.
viii. STEPHEN COFFIN, b. 1652; d. 1734.
ix. ELIZABETH COFFIN, b. c. 1655; d. 1678.
Generation No. 4
4. JAMES4 COFFIN (TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 12 August 1640 in England, and died 28 July 1720. He married MARY SEVERANCE, daughter of JOHN SEVERANCE.
Notes for JAMES COFFIN:
Judge of the Common Pleas, and of Probate.
James & Mary Coffin had 14 children.
Children of JAMES COFFIN and MARY SEVERANCE are:
i. JAMES5 COFFIN.
ii. JOHN COFFIN.
iii. EBENEZER COFFIN.
iv. JOSEPH COFFIN.
v. BENJAMIN COFFIN.
5. vi. NATHANIEL COFFIN, b. 1671, Nantucket, USA; d. 29 October 1721.
Generation No. 5
5. NATHANIEL5 COFFIN (JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1671 in Nantucket, USA, and died 29 October 1721. He married DAMARIS GAYER, daughter of WILLIAM GAYER. She died 1764.
Children of NATHANIEL COFFIN and DAMARIS GAYER are:
i. CHARLES6 COFFIN.
ii. BENJAMIN COFFIN.
iii. GAYER COFFIN.
iv. NATHANIEL COFFIN.
v. DORCAS COFFIN.
vi. CHRISTIAN COFFIN.
vii. LYDIA COFFIN.
viii. CATHERINE COFFIN.
6. ix. WILLIAM COFFIN, b. 1 December 1699; d. July 1775.
Generation No. 6
6. WILLIAM6 COFFIN (NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1 December 1699, and died July 1775. He married ANNE HOLMES 3 September 1722, daughter of FRANCIS HOLMES and REBECCA WHARFE.
More About WILLIAM COFFIN:
Occupation: Merchant, Senior Warden of Trinity.
Residence: Boston, New England, USA
More About WILLIAM COFFIN and ANNE HOLMES:
Marriage: 3 September 1722
Children of WILLIAM COFFIN and ANNE HOLMES are:
7. i. WILLIAM7 COFFIN, b. 1723.
ii. NATHANIEL COFFIN.
8. iii. JOHN COFFIN.
iv. EBENEZER COFFIN.
v. ELIZABETH COFFIN.
Generation No. 7
7. WILLIAM7 COFFIN (WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1723.
Child of WILLIAM COFFIN is:
i. EBENEZER8 COFFIN, b. 1763; m. MARY MATTHEWS, 1793.
More About EBENEZER COFFIN and MARY MATTHEWS:
8. JOHN7 COFFIN (WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) He married ISABELLA CHILD.
Notes for JOHN COFFIN:
John & Isabella had 16 children.
Children of JOHN COFFIN and ISABELLA CHILD are:
i. JOHN8 COFFIN.
ii. WILLIAM COFFIN.
9. iii. FRANCIS HOLMES COFFIN, b. c. 1769; d. 10 April 1842, Dover, Kent, England.
Generation No. 8
9. FRANCIS HOLMES8 COFFIN (JOHN7, WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born c. 1769, and died 10 April 1842 in Dover, Kent, England. He married REBECCA HUDDLESTONE MAWBY. She was born c. 1770.
Notes for FRANCIS HOLMES COFFIN:
Military career: Royal Navy - retired as Rear Admiral in 1837.
More About FRANCIS HOLMES COFFIN:
Military service: Royal Navy
Children of FRANCIS COFFIN and REBECCA MAWBY are:
10. i. ISABELLA ANNE9 COFFIN, b. 1799, Dover, Kent, England; d. Aft. 1881.
ii. ISAAC CAMPBELL COFFIN, b. 1801, Dover, Kent.
iii. MARY ANN COFFIN, b. 1801, Dover, Kent.
Generation No. 9
10. ISABELLA ANNE9 COFFIN (FRANCIS HOLMES8, JOHN7, WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1799 in Dover, Kent, England, and died Aft. 1881. She married THOMAS LEECH LENNOX GALLOWAY 27 January 1823 in East Stonehouse, near Plymouth, Devon, England, son of WILLIAM GALLOWAY and JANE CLOSSY. He was born 28 August 1794 in Dublin, Ireland, and died 26 December 1842 in Fort William, Calcutta, India.
Notes for ISABELLA ANNE COFFIN:
1. At the time of the 1881 UK census Isabella A Galloway was living at 66 Gloucester Cres., Paddington, London, with grandchildren Ella M Galloway and Stewart Galloway. Also listed on this census return were a governess, cook, nurse and two maids.
More About ISABELLA ANNE COFFIN:
Residence: 1881, 66 Gloucester Cres., London, UK.
Notes for THOMAS LEECH LENNOX GALLOWAY:
Military career: HM 10th Regiment - appointed 2nd Lieut 1816, Lieut 1823, Capt 1826, Major 1835.
More About THOMAS LEECH LENNOX GALLOWAY:
Cause of Death: Cholera
Military service: 10th Regt. of Foot
Residence: 1841, Dawson Street, Deansgate, Manchester, England
More About THOMAS GALLOWAY and ISABELLA COFFIN:
Marriage: 27 January 1823, East Stonehouse, near Plymouth, Devon, England
Children of ISABELLA COFFIN and THOMAS GALLOWAY are:
i. ISABELLA MARY ANNE10 GALLOWAY, b. 25 March 1824, Rathkeale, Co Limerick, Ireland; d. 16 May 1826, Castlebar, Co Mayo, Ireland.
ii. STEWART CAMPBELL COFFIN GALLOWAY, b. 19 June 1825, Fermoy, Co. Cork, Ireland; d. 1850, Wurpambad, East Indies.
More About STEWART CAMPBELL COFFIN GALLOWAY:
Baptism: 6 July 1825
Christening: 20 August 1825
iii. ISABELLA MARY ANNE BERTIE GALLOWAY, b. 11 October 1826, Guernsey, UK; d. 11 July 1828, Corfu, Greece.
iv. MARY ANN BERTIE GALLOWAY, b. 31 January 1829, Corfu, Greece; m. (1) EDWARD RICHARD KING, 13 July 1869; b. c. 1825; d. c. 1879; m. (2) ELBOROUGH WOODCOCK, Aft. 1879; b. c. 1830.
More About MARY ANN BERTIE GALLOWAY:
Baptism: 2 March 1829, Corfu, Greece
More About EDWARD KING and MARY GALLOWAY:
Marriage: 13 July 1869
More About ELBOROUGH WOODCOCK and MARY GALLOWAY:
Marriage: Aft. 1879
v. WILLIAM FRANCIS GALLOWAY, b. 18 February 1830, Zante (Ionian Islands), Greece; d. 3 October 1830, Corfu, Greece.
More About WILLIAM FRANCIS GALLOWAY:
Baptism: 6 May 1830, Zante (Ionian Islands), Greece
vi. FREDERICK ADAM GALLOWAY, b. 3 August 1831, Paxo (Ionian Islands), Greece; d. 13 November 1836.
More About FREDERICK ADAM GALLOWAY:
Baptism: 25 October 1831, Paxo (Ionian Islands), Greece
vii. SEBRIGHT FREER GALLOWAY, b. 20 December 1833, Paxo (Ionian Islands), Greece; d. 27 September 1838, Blackburn, Lancashire.
More About SEBRIGHT FREER GALLOWAY:
Baptism: 18 April 1834, Corfu, Greece
Cause of Death: Scarlet fever
viii. THOMAS EDWARD GALLOWAY, b. 1835, Santa Maura (Ionian Islands); d. 4 November 1839, Blackburn, Lancashire.
ix. WILLIAM FRANCIS PARSONS GALLOWAY, b. 1836, Santa Maura (Ionian Islands); d. 1839, Blackburn, Lancashire.
x. JANE ANNA GALLOWAY, b. 24 February 1838, Truro, Cornwall; m. J HOTHAM KINGSTON, 1865.
More About JANE ANNA GALLOWAY:
Baptism: 27 July 1838, Truro, Cornwall
More About J KINGSTON and JANE GALLOWAY:
11. xi. JOHN MAWBY CLOSSY GALLOWAY, b. 19 April 1840, Burnley, Lancashire, England; d. 1916, Christchurch, England.
12. xii. FRANK GALLOWAY, b. 21 March 1842, 13 Manchester Street, London; d. 2 July 1931, 51 Binswood Ave., Leamington Spa, England.
Generation No. 10
11. JOHN MAWBY CLOSSY10 GALLOWAY (ISABELLA ANNE9 COFFIN, FRANCIS HOLMES8, JOHN7, WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 19 April 1840 in Burnley, Lancashire, England, and died 1916 in Christchurch, England. He married EMILY (OR AMELIA) JANE HARRIS 1867, daughter of AYLMER HARRIS and JULIA DAVIES. She was born 27 June 1846 in Tamil Nadu, India.
Notes for JOHN MAWBY CLOSSY GALLOWAY:
1. The IGI database has the name transcribed incorrectly as John Mawley Clossy Galloway.
More About JOHN MAWBY CLOSSY GALLOWAY:
Baptism: 5 June 1840, Burnley, Lancashire
Military service: Madras Cavalry
Residence: 1901, Egmore, East Cliff, Bournemouth
More About EMILY (OR AMELIA) JANE HARRIS:
Christening: 21 July 1846, Bangalore, Tamil Nadu, India
More About JOHN GALLOWAY and EMILY HARRIS:
Children of JOHN GALLOWAY and EMILY HARRIS are:
13. i. FRANK LENNOX11 GALLOWAY, b. 1869, India.
ii. ELLA MARION GALLOWAY, b. 1872, Secunderabad, India.
iii. STEWART B C GALLOWAY, b. 1873, Southsea, Hampshire; m. KATHLEEN GILLESPIE.
14. iv. AYLMER GEORGE GALLOWAY, b. 1877.
12. FRANK10 GALLOWAY (ISABELLA ANNE9 COFFIN, FRANCIS HOLMES8, JOHN7, WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 21 March 1842 in 13 Manchester Street, London, and died 2 July 1931 in 51 Binswood Ave., Leamington Spa, England. He married MADELINA DOROTHEA PERCIVAL MAXWELL 27 December 1874 in Groomsport Church, Co Down, Ireland, daughter of ROBERT PERCIVAL MAXWELL. She was born 1844 in Downpatrick, Northern Ireland ?, and died 1938.
More About FRANK GALLOWAY:
Baptism: 13 April 1842, St Mary-le-Bow (?), Middlesex
Military service: Bet. 1860 - 1893, Royal Artillery
Residence: 1920, Norwood House, Leamington, England
More About FRANK GALLOWAY and MADELINA MAXWELL:
Marriage: 27 December 1874, Groomsport Church, Co Down, Ireland
Children of FRANK GALLOWAY and MADELINA MAXWELL are:
i. LENNOX11 GALLOWAY, b. 1882; m. (1) EILEEN ROSETTI REED, 1916; m. (2) BRENDA MARY SMITH, 1929.
More About LENNOX GALLOWAY:
Military service: Royal Artillery
More About LENNOX GALLOWAY and EILEEN REED:
More About LENNOX GALLOWAY and BRENDA SMITH:
ii. HELENA (NELLIE) GALLOWAY, b. 1874; d. 1973.
iii. ROBERT LEECH GALLOWAY, b. 1884; d. 1970; m. MARY (MAY) WINIFRED BERNARD, 27 July 1920; b. 27 October 1886.
More About ROBERT LEECH GALLOWAY:
Residence: 1920, Lough Grange, Killmaloch, Co Limerick, Ireland
More About ROBERT GALLOWAY and MARY BERNARD:
Marriage: 27 July 1920
15. iv. VIOLET GALLOWAY, b. 1885; d. c. 1960.
v. ANTHONY LENNOX GALLOWAY.
Generation No. 11
13. FRANK LENNOX11 GALLOWAY (JOHN MAWBY CLOSSY10, ISABELLA ANNE9 COFFIN, FRANCIS HOLMES8, JOHN7, WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1869 in India. He married ANNA SAVORY 1899 in Shipston-on-Stour, Worcestershire, England, daughter of ALBERT SAVORY. She was born 1872 in Weybridge, Surrey, England.
More About FRANK LENNOX GALLOWAY:
Military service: Royal Artillery
Occupation: 1901, Capt. Royal Artillery
Residence: 1901, 29 Shooters Hill Road, Woolwich, England
More About ANNA SAVORY:
Residence: 1901, 29 Shooters Hill Road, Woolwich, England
More About FRANK GALLOWAY and ANNA SAVORY:
Marriage: 1899, Shipston-on-Stour, Worcestershire, England
Children of FRANK GALLOWAY and ANNA SAVORY are:
i. HAZEL12 GALLOWAY.
ii. JOHN LENNOX GALLOWAY, m. HOPE BROOK WEBB.
iii. PATIENCE GALLOWAY, b. 1898.
iv. LESLEY GALLOWAY, b. 1909; d. 1931, Switzerland (skiing accident).
14. AYLMER GEORGE11 GALLOWAY (JOHN MAWBY CLOSSY10, ISABELLA ANNE9 COFFIN, FRANCIS HOLMES8, JOHN7, WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1877. He married GERTRUDE LILY JENKINS 24 July 1907 in Christchurch, Southampton, daughter of THOMAS JENKINS and AUGUSTA WYATT. She was born 12 January 1880 in Prome, Burma.
More About AYLMER GEORGE GALLOWAY:
Military service: Royal Army Service Corps
More About AYLMER GALLOWAY and GERTRUDE JENKINS:
Marriage: 24 July 1907, Christchurch, Southampton
Children of AYLMER GALLOWAY and GERTRUDE JENKINS are:
i. GEOFFREY LEWIS12 GALLOWAY, b. 12 November 1908, Valetta, Malta; d. 6 November 1992, Carshalton, Surrey; m. JOCELYN MARY POWELL KETTLE, 1941; b. 9 September 1916, India.
More About GEOFFREY LEWIS GALLOWAY:
Military service: Royal Engineers
More About GEOFFREY GALLOWAY and JOCELYN KETTLE:
ii. IVY MURIEL GALLOWAY, b. 3 September 1911, Rochester, Kent; d. 29 October 1976; m. REGINALD RUSH.
iii. PHYLLIS LILY GALLOWAY, b. 8 September 1916, Canterbury, Kent; m. GEORGE RANDALL.
15. VIOLET11 GALLOWAY (FRANK10, ISABELLA ANNE9 COFFIN, FRANCIS HOLMES8, JOHN7, WILLIAM6, NATHANIEL5, JAMES4, TRISTRAM3, PETER2, NICHOLAS1) was born 1885, and died c. 1960. She married HARVEY HADDEN.
Children of VIOLET GALLOWAY and HARVEY HADDEN are:
i. DORIS12 HADDEN, b. 1902; d. 1940.
ii. HARVEY HADDEN, b. 1909.
Close this window